Use our Oat Ginger Raisin mix to create these mouth-watering Gingerbread Bars with Vanilla Cashew Frosting! This recipe ticks all the boxes, it's gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, and functional. It also makes the perfect holiday dessert!
Ingredients for Gingerbread Bars:
- 1 Oat Ginger Raisin Muffin Mix
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup Non Dairy Milk
- 1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey, Molasses, or Maple Syrup
Ingredients for Vanilla Cashew Frosting:
- 2 Cups Raw Cashews, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- 1/4 Cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Bean powder or extract
Directions to Bake Gingerbread Bars:
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, add applesauce, milk, coconut oil, and honey (molasses or maple), and stir until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, add cookie mix and stir well to remove any clumps
- Carefully pour liquid mixture into the cookie mix and stir into batter (should be thin).
- Lightly oil a bread pan dish. Pour batter into dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with foil, and bake another 6 minutes. Keep covered in foil for 20-30 minutes (it will collapse slightly, that's okay!).
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, add all frosting ingredients. Blend until creamy (may take 5-10 minutes, depending on your machine). Sometimes, it's easier to blend on a low speed first then slowly increase speed.
- Using a spatula, spread frosting over bar loaf. You may not use all of the frosting, store in the fridge for another time. Cut into 10-12 bars!